Online programs to encourage typical development in all children. Developed by Marga Grey, an experienced paediatric occupational therapist. Marga used training, experience, and learning of over 40 years to make it easy and affordable for children to access targeted exercises that support typical development and the foundational skills necessary for learning and coping in life.
CoordiChild is a paediatric online exercise program to address the important sensory motor skills in the comfort of the home environment. It supports, compliments and/or replace therapy (for those parents who cannot afford another appointment). It is excellent to recommend towards the end of a block of therapy to ensure consistency and follow-up after the intense work of individual therapy sessions.
The program has been developed following sound neuro-development and sensory integration principles. It consists of 26 fortnights of video-recorded exercises. The program is graded from fortnight 1 through to fortnight 26.
The child follows the models in the videos to exercise and improve skills such as balance, posture, praxis, coordination. Children additionally improve concentration, self-regulation, attention to task, listening and yes, language.
Therapists use standardized assessments of their choice to assess progress. Parents download a check list to keep track of completed exercises.
Valuable features of CoordiChild:
- Supports and compliments therapy sessions
- Therapist can monitor and stay informed of progress and participation
- Supports member (person who bought the program) and therapist
- Online and available at any time on any device
- It can be presented in small groups
- Price / month is for 26 fortnights (1 year) BUT members have 2 years access to the program
- Full price provides 2-year access to the full program
- Easy to follow, no training necessary
- No preparation or additional equipment necessary.
CoordiKindy is excellent to present in whole class groups at kindergartens and Prep classes. The age group 4 – 6 years will benefit most form this program.
The program is online, graded over 30 weeks with a new set of exercises each week. CoordiKindy develops the foundational skills essential for academic learning, including balance, posture, coordination, concentration and listening.
Teachers do not do to prepare anything, children follow the video to leave the teachers to observe the children’s level of participation. Typically, those children who doesn’t like it, or refuse participation, are those have problems with sensory motor skills and needs further assessment or intervention.
Valuable features of CoordiKindy:
- Affordable (options for individual purchase are available, please contact [email protected])
- No preparation necessary
- Online, available on any device
- Teachers are free to observe and support the children while they follow the video
- Teachers can repeat a week of exercises if they see that children need to practice a specific movement or exercise
- It is an excellent tool for teachers to use to see differences in children, to ask advice from a professional or to refer for assessment by an OT or speech pathologist.
CoordiClass provides essential movement break opportunity to encourage optimal concentration in class, when studying or doing sedentary work. It is effective for any age from 7 years age and older (including adults!)
The responses from teachers and children are typically positive regarding the regulation of the class in general, a reduction in the need to re-direct specific children or the class and the children love it and have reported that they find it easier to complete tasks. A Year 6 student said that she always has problems with word finding when writing an essay, but after CoordiClass, she found it much easier.
The program stretches over 30 weeks with each week a new set of exercises. However, it is not graded, and the teacher or adult can choose randomly which set to do. It can be repeated in the classroom at any time and as often as necessary.
It can be used to calm a class coming in from recess, it can help children while doing longer hours of sedentary work (e.g. assignments) to concentrate and it will help the movement seekers and those with poor postures to self-regulate throughout the day.
Valuable features of CoordiClass:
- Affordable (options for individual purchase are available, please contact [email protected] )
- No preparation by the teacher
- Online and available at any time
- The class follows the video
- No equipment
- Small space to stand and move next to the desk
- We chose exercises that can be done by a girl in uniform (dress) in a mixed-gender classroom
- Class or individual is calm, regulated and ready to concentrate after doing CoordiClass
- Only 5 minutes!
- Therapists are using CoordiClass to prepare the child for a therapy session – in 5 minutes the child is ready to listen, to focus and to progress!