Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Sensory Modulation for NGO Workers in Mental Health
November 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This workshop will provide an introduction to using Sensory Modulation in Community settings for NGO workers. Participants will learn Sensory Modulation strategies to support clients who are experiencing panic, distress, anger, anxiety, dissociation and sensory overload. Many of the sensory items used are able to be low budget eg a bag of rice, ice pack and other common household items.
• Sensory Modulation Definition
• Sensory Processing Overview
• How Sensory Modulation works
• Explaining Sensory Modulation
• Tailoring Sensory Modulation to the individual through ensuring it is Safe, Appropriate, Individualised and Meaningful
• Useful sensory items to use
• Powerpoint presentation of key concepts
• We will break into smaller groups for practical application of concepts.
• Opportunity for questions, comments, reflections on the workshop.
Clinical and Registered Nurses, Doctors, Allied Health, Consumer Consultants, Disability Support Workers and Disability Support Co-ordinators.
This workshop will provide 5 CPD hours.